Sam's Top Ten Best Christmas Carols of All Time

I gave you the worst, now here are the best...


10. Silver Bells
One of my favorites for sentimental reasons... this was my mom's favorite Christmas song and whenever I hear it, I think of her.

9. Little Drummer Boy
A beautiful, haunting melody; no song is quite like it in the Christmas carol catalogue.

8. Happy Christmas (War Is Over)
A classic penned by the legendary John Lennon. If Yoko Ono hadn't screeched on the track, it would even be higher on my list.

7. We Three Kings
This carol has that terrific chorus, which totally takes the tune a new direction, "Star of wonder, star of might..." I especially like the arrangement found on my brother Dale's Christmas CD, which adds a Mid-Eastern flavor to the song.

6. The Christmas Song
You know this one, "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..." Written by the late Mel Torme, it's impossible not to love this song.

5. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
I've just always loved this song, especially Dean Martin's version. If the flakes are coming down, you can't do much but let it snow, right?

4. White Christmas
A gorgeous song with great lyrics. Bing Crosby was first to record it and no one has done it better.

3. I'll Be Home For Christmas
As sentimental as you can get, and I am a sucker of sentimentality. "I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams." Amen.

2. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
The most beautiful lyrics ever written for a Christmas song. Don't believe me? Next time you hear it, listen very carefully.

1. Silent Night
Simply the best. Ever.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!