Outside the box

The weatherman says there's a storm a-comin'. Lots of snow and wind on Sunday; maybe we'll have a good old fashioned blizzard? That's okay with me, we don't have any plans this weekend. This kind of crap usually happens on our weekends to work, when travel is a must. But we're off this weekend, so I might just pour myself a glass of Bailey's, light up an Iguana and watch the white stuff fall.

I got my computer back today and, as promised, it is running like a top. I have been really impressed with this guy (his name is James Hope) and I would recommend him to anyone with computer problems in the Brainerd area. His website is www.brainerdcomputers.com. He also makes custom computers at extremely low prices. The guy really knows his stuff, I can say that. In a time when mediocrity is not only expected, but it's accepted, it was nice to do business with someone who does what he says he'll do and gets it done on time.

I tried to start my Christmas letter tonight and I pretty much stared at the screen. Maybe I'll post a poll: What would you like hear about in my Christmas letter? Gosh, I am really going to have to think outside the box on this one. ...You know, I've never understood that expression, "think outside the box." Same with "pushing the envelope." Can anyone explain that one to me? I know what it means, but why pushing the envelope? Why not pushing the teddy bear? And why does it have to be pushed? Why can't it be pulled or dragged?

Maybe there are some things I'm just not supposed to understand.

Here I sit with Turner Movie Classics playing in the background. The Man Who Came to Dinner is on. I've seen this one before and it's a good film. Then again, I've never seen anything on TMC that wasn't good. I love old movies.

Not much news in this entry, but that's all for now.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!