Random thoughts, random delivery

I met with the Scottish computer guy today. He had my computer fixed in no time. I will get it back tomorrow and I'll be out just a hair over $60. I can live with that. Mr. Brigadoon seems to know what he's doing, although I will know more tomorrow when I have my laptop back in my lap and see for myself. Interestingly, he said I don't necessarily need to pay him tomorrow. He said he'll send an invoice in a few days, but wants me to take the computer home and make sure I'm happy with his work first. That's impressive.

I must say I am a little proud of myself for putting aside my total distrust of people and let this complete stranger take my computer away. That's very unlike me, folks!

I have to confess, though, I jotted down my computer's serial number and took a picture of it before I turned it over to him. You know, just in case. Okay, so maybe I didn't completely put aside my distrust in people.

Hey, I don't have to get burned twice to know the stove's hot, that's all I'm sayin'.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, by the way. I have AVG virus protection on my PC (at which I am typing away at this very moment) and I've never had a problem. I upgraded after using their free service for a couple of years and I think I paid something like $70 for three years. I would think McAfee would offer existing customers a little break, but they don't. Screw 'em. I'm getting my money back tomorrow. There, the decision's been made.

Okay, enough about that.

As you can see, I made a few aesthetic changes around here yesterday. The little kid in the picture above is yours truly at 14 months, in the living room of my old house. I can't say I remember the picture being taken, but I look like I knew what I was supposed to do for the camera. I am hoping it makes things a little more Christmas-like around here.

Good grief, speaking of which, Christmas is two weeks from today. We still haven't put up the Christmas tree. That's on the agenda for this weekend. We are all starting to get healthy and happy again around here, so decorating the tree doesn't sound nearly as much like a chore as it did on Monday. I hope that didn't make me sound like Scrooge?

Beth had her first clinic appointment today. I didn't go with her this time, because she simply met with the nurse and had some preliminary lab work done. After this, I will go to each appointment. I'm fairly certain I am the father of the child, so I need to do the responsible thing. Know what I mean?

I was just thinking today that my Christmas letter is going to be very hard to write this year. Most people to whom I send the letter already read my blog (how's that for grammatically correct?). Part of the reason for sending a Christmas letter is to update everyone on your life, but if you come here often enough, you are already up-to-date in Sammyland. How can I say anything new and interesting? I'll have to think it over. Maybe my blog will make the Christmas letter obsolete? That's progress for ya.

In my last post, I realized when I was painting my "word-picture" of the Wal-Mart scene, I made it sound like the Salvation Army volunteer was playing with the tuba player's private parts. Go back and read it again and you'll see what I mean... Well, I didn't mean what it seemed I meant because that wasn't the meaning I meant to mean. I hope I didn't offend anyone by not meaning what I said, because the meaning behind what I meant didn't come out quite right.

But it was kind of funny.

I've been tired all day. I think sleeping sounds like a good, productive thing to do.

And that's all I got to say about that.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!