Comatose

Not much to say today. I should have something to write about tomorrow, though. Supposedly -- allegedly -- a State Farm adjuster is coming out tomorrow to look at our roof. It has been two weeks since I filed the claim and I am quickly failing to see the benefit of having an agent in town.

Actually my State Farm agent doesn't even know who I am, but he definitely wanted my vote two years ago when he ran for state representative.

That was a funny day. He (his name is Paul Gazelka; what's the point in hiding his identity?) rang the door bell one Saturday afternoon and I thought he dropped in to see how things were going, one of those "I really appreciate your business and was wondering if there's anything I can do for you, Sam?" kind of visits.

For 2.12 seconds, I was very impressed.

Then he opened his mouth.

He handed me a campaign flyer and asked me for my vote in November. I told him that I was a client of his and he did one of those fake, "Oh, of course you are! I can be so absent-minded some times. Just one of those days, I guess."

I was going to ask him "What's my name?" just to see him squirm, but I decided not to be overly mean about it (after all, he was having 'one of those days.') But I am thinking to myself, Dude, you must think I'm a real putz, don't you?

Maybe I shouldn't have blamed Mr. Gazelka for trying to pull my leg. I suppose I do look kind of stupid. I mean, I do have that overshot jaw, caveman-esque, "Sling Blade" look. He probably thought he buttered me up good and had one vote in the oven.

But you have probably already figured out that I did not vote for one Paul Gazelka that year. In fact, I nearly switched insurance companies because of that little mishap.

That brings us to tomorrow. Is it unreasonable to expect an adjuster to inspect my roof sooner than two weeks after a claim is filed? If there had been a hurricane in the area in the past week, I could understand, but the weather isn't right for hurricanes. I am not overly impressed at State Farm's lack of urgency in this matter.

It is getting late. I hope I can sleep tonight. I fell asleep last night on the couch at 8 p.m., woke up at 6:30 a.m. for a few minutes, then fell asleep again until late morning (I am embarrassed to tell you exactly how late I slept). But I had been running on four (or less) hours of sleep for the past two nights, trying to get back on a day time schedule and the ol' body simply said, "It is comatose time. Don't try to fight it." So I obeyed.

I read that Obama interviewed Hillary for the Secretary of State job. Holy Moses!! Remember when they used to call Margaret Thatcher the "Iron Maiden"? Hillary makes Thatcher seem like a warm, fuzzy kitten.

What fun it would be to see Hillary become a member of the Barack Pack. Can you imagine?

And it's only going to get better, kids!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!