My house on Sunday

It's Sunday. My house on Sunday means sitting and watching football. Just like Thursday. And Friday. And Saturday. And Monday.

It looks like it's snowed almost half an inch this morning and big flakes are still fluttering down in slow motion. It is finally starting to look like winter, and to tell the truth it is kind of a welcome sight. I guess I better clarify what I mean by that before I regret saying it.

Yesterday while driving around, I said to my bride, "I love fall, but I hate this time of year. Everything looks brown and gray, bare and dead. The sun is too low in the sky and sets far too soon, and it's getting colder and colder. I wish it would snow to brighten things up."

Now that we have a coating of squeaky new snow, things don't seem as drab.

The State Farm guy came out yesterday and they will cover quite a few things, but he rattled stuff off so fast, speaking in his special Insurance Man Dialect, that I didn't catch 10% of it. Not to worry, we will be sent something in the mail this week detailing everything, but I did not hear the word "shingles" in his God-like proclamation of what will be covered and what will not be covered. I guess we will wait for the mail man.

You might have noticed that I am hard at work on my winter project. I've opened a new blog called Oak Valley to Po Valley which won't officially launch until January, and I can't wait to get started. This blog will detail my dad's World War Two experience and I think anyone who currently reads my blog (and anyone else interested in history) will really enjoy it.

Three years ago, I put together a booklet for my brothers detailing my dad's life during the war and Oak Valley to Po Valley will be based off that booklet, except it will be more detailed, include more photos and will feature many scans of dad's own memorabilia from the war. I encourage you to spread the word to anyone who might be interested in following this blog. I think it is going to be special.

By the way, if you are wondering what "Po Valley" is, it is a river valley in northern Italy, which is where Dad ended up when hostilities ceased in the European Theatre.

Time to sign off for now. I'll be back again soon.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!