Thanksgiving week

Early morning solace at my house. Everyone is asleep except me. The coffee is brewed which has mercifully masked the stench of stale dog farts (Martha had an upset stomach yesterday) and the sun is thinking about rising once again. This is my quiet time.

The big highlight this week is, of course, Thanksgiving. We plan on going over to my cousins, John and Becky Walker (who live across the street), for dinner. We haven't seen them for a while, so it will be nice to visit with them. Then on Friday we are heading to Bismarck, North Dakota, to Jon and Sara's place (Beth's sister) for a weekend get-together with the Dau family.

There's really not much else going on this week. Last night I stayed up until 1:00 a.m. plotting out maps of Algeria and Tunisia for my upcoming blog "Oak Valley to Po Valley." That was, of course, after the Monday night game. Most people probably would have stopped watching that game in the fourth quarter. I, however, popped open a Michelob Light and enjoyed the fireworks, as the Packers were embarrassed on national television. The look on Mike McCarthy's fat face was priceless.

I am sure I will find something to yack about later this week. I'll talk to you later.


Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

Is Spring Here?