Back home again

We are back safe and sound from our trip out to Bismarck. The drive was uneventful both there and back, which is always a good thing. Now Thanksgiving is over. Come to think of it, this is the last day of November. The countdown to Christmas is officially on.

On Thanksgiving day we went over to John and Becky Walker's. We had a nice visit and good food. John smoked a turkey and it was excellent!

The next day we were off to Bismarck and I entertained myself by trying to take advantage of the lowest gas price possible along the way. The lowest: Stamart in Glyndon, Minnesota. $1.52/gallon on Friday afternoon. When we came back on Sunday it had risen by 12 cents. I still don't understand that. I don't think I ever will.

Anyway, we had a good time at Jon and Sara's, saw all of the inlaws and outlaws, ate way too much great food, of course. The cousins had a fun time with each other. It wasn't too long ago when I was a little gremlin getting into trouble with my cousins. Now I'm the dad yelling "Knock it off!" or "If I have to get out of this chair...!" or "Stop screaming!"

When did I get all grown up? What happened?!

We left North Dakota around noon today, took a couple breaks in Jamestown and Fargo and finally got home around 5:30 p.m., just in time to get a Quizno's and settle in to watch the Vikings beat the Bears, plus I made it to the championship game in one of my fantasy football leagues, so I'd have to say this has been a pretty good weekend!

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving; Beth and I have so much to be thankful for.

I'll tell you more later!


Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!