Election Eve

Ava started watching "Sweeping Booty" and fell asleep on the floor. I will let her snooze for a little while, but not too long. She doesn't like to go to bed if she naps, but if she doesn't nap, she becomes a blood-thirsty beast. Okay, that's a little overboard... but a tired, crabby toddler isn't much fun.

We spent much of the afternoon outside, enjoying this amazing late fall day. It hit at least 65 degrees today with brilliant sunshine. Days like this make you feel like everything's good in the world, even if it's just for a little while.

I filed a claim today with State Farm and I am waiting for an adjuster to call me. Last year at this time we filed a claim for our camper and the adjuster was on a hunting trip. We'll see how long it takes him to call us to set up an appointment.

***

Well, we are on the eve of what will be the most historic election in our nation's history. According to CNN, we are about to elect the first person of color to the White House. According to Fox News, we are about to elect the first female vice president. We will (or at least should) know tomorrow night, or early Wednesday morning. Unless, of course, Florida is allowed to vote. Then we may be waiting a while.

I just saw that Barack Obama's grandmother died today. She didn't quite make it to election day. I can't imagine how Obama is feeling right now. The woman who raised him and who he loved as his own mother has died less than 24 hours before the biggest day of his life. How do you deal with that? Man, you want to talk about stress.

Personally, I am glad the Minnesota senate race is about finished. I am so disgusted with both Norm Coleman and Al Franken, that I simply cannot bring myself to vote for either puke. I am writing in my own name, to be honest with you. And no, I'm not kidding.

They say this senate race has been the dirtiest, most disgusting, character smearing campaign in Minnesota political history. And you can't get away from the shit-slinging (oh, it's beyond mud-slinging, my friends. Al and Norm are now throwing fresh turds at each other).

I think both "men" (and I am using that term very liberally in this case) should be ashamed of themselves and of their campaigns. If the things they have said about each other are true, Al Franken should be in prison and Norm Coleman should be expelled from office, arrested and sent to prison (they could be cellmates, ya think?).

Neither candidate can convince me that they have "no control" over every ad on television or radio or internet or mail. Baloney. All it would take is one cease and desist letter to your national party headquarters and the shit-slinging would stop. Don't shrug your shoulders like a guilty kid and say "I don't know nothin' about it." Both of you are full of crap and both of you are lying. Shame on you.

Now go to your room. You are both grounded.

Okay, enough of that rant. If, in times like these, one's true colors come out, I do not like the hue I am seeing from my next senator, that's for darn sure.

Okay, enough already! I better wake up Princess Ava, or I'll be sorry tonight!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!