Let's settle this like men!

Just another evening at home, waiting for the clock to tell me it is time to go back to the job. I've been channel surfing, trying to find a decent football game to watch, but I am not having much luck. The Texas Tech/Oklahoma game was hyped like crazy by ABC and it has been a laugher. I stopped watching in the second quarter.

I haven't heard how the big "count" is going between Franken and Coleman. Just think, 2.9 million votes to be counted by hand. Gee, there's no room for human error there, is there?! CNN had a headline saying "Minnesota Senate race recount could get ugly" as if the whole campaign has been smiles and pats on the back? Someone is going to have to concede and I don't see either side doing that. This will drag on and on -- at the taxpayers' expense, by the way.

As usual, I'm not one to complain about something without offering a fair and balanced solution.

This is how you solve the problem:
A nationwide pay-per-view cage death match between Norm Coleman and Al Franken. Put the two of them in a cage and let them hiss and spit at each other until only one is left breathing. The money collected from the pay-per-view audience could be used to fund educational programs for public schools throughout the state of Minnesota.

All of my money would be on Franken for two reasons:

1. By Norm Coleman's own admission during his campaign, "Al Franken: It's not outrage, it's just anger." Norm knows he'd be getting in the ring with a pissed off liberal.

2. Norm Coleman has had about $25,000 of dental work done on his new blindingly bright, Chiclet porcelain veneer teeth, and I don't think he'd risk a punch to the grill.

He'd just walk away and file another lawsuit.




Who's with me!?

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!