Cabin Fever

I don’t know, either I am a complete zero with no life or I am starting to go stir-crazy being cooped up with a 2 year-old all day, with perhaps a bit of cabin fever added to the mix? Whatever my diagnosis, I was thinking to myself today, “Self, it is a lot warmer where Brian is right now.” I am sure he’s sunning his buns on the deck of a cruise ship right now. Wait, that’s a visual I didn’t really need to have.

Okay, let’s get back to the subject. Since I couldn’t really leave my house to experience an 80 degree tropical climate today, I decided to see what the internet had to offer. Gosh, I almost got an artificial suntan. Here are a couple of cool links to web cams around the world. I was playing around with this one at Hale Pau Hana Resort in Maui, and some friendly folks gave me a wave, which I thought was pretty funny! If you wait long enough, the same thing will happen to you. Pan to the right and then down and people walk right in front of the camera. How strange that I am running a little camera halfway across the North American continent and halfway across the great Pacific Ocean, and these people are on the beach waving at me. Wouldn’t they be surprised to learn who was running the camera? If my folks could see this, I wonder what they would think?

Here is a cool link to a live streaming video from Waikiki beach. Or if having a drink next to the beach is more your speed (it certainly is more my speed) then here is a view from Reef Grill in the Grand Cayman Islands. I loved the Grand Caymans when we were there back… when was it? 2003? Wow, how time flies.

Man, wish I was there. Maybe again someday, but no time soon. You know, after I wrote my blog yesterday, I thought about another place I’d like to visit before I die: Rachel Ray’s underwear drawer. I don’t think that will happen either, but I can always dream. Hey, don’t label me a pig. As long as my wife openly lusts for Jon Bon Jovi, I can certainly do so, too. So there!

Today was pretty much vanilla. I did not carpe diem today. But I did spend it with my daughter, and, like they say, “they can’t take that away from me.”

Did anyone read about the UFO sightings in Texas lately? I usually scoff at that kind of stuff, but I have to admit, it does perk a bit of interest deep down inside, especially when dozens of people from many different locations describe exactly the same thing at exactly the same time… a large flying craft with flashing lights “a mile long and a half mile wide.” Dozens of people described the same thing. Weird.

Time for bed. I didn’t sleep worth a crap last night. To bed at midnight and up by 4 a.m. Sometimes getting back on a day schedule isn’t very easy.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!