Another morning

Got up at 7 a.m. this morning. I had the opportunity to sleep in, but it didn't happen. Grace (one of our boxers) was panting in bed and making the mattress bounce up and down and it wasn't very conducive to sleeping. Normally, panting and my mattress bouncing up and down is a good thing, but not this time (Jesus, I hope my mother-in-law doesn't read this)! So I got up and let the two dogs out, where they interrupted a poor rabbit's breakfast out in the backyard, and by the time I got back in the house, Ava was sitting up in her bed saying, "Pooh? Pooh?" Suddenly she's on a Winnie-the-Pooh kick again.

So I got up, took a shower and baked some blueberry muffins. Yeah, just call me Mr. Mom.

I found out yesterday that my sister-in-law Kathy also keeps a blog, so I got the address today and read the whole thing. I think blogs are very interesting. It is almost like stopping by someone's house and saying "Hello, what are you doing today?" I bet if my mom were alive, she would keep a blog too. It seems like something that would have been right up her alley. There was a show on the History Channel a couple months ago called "Band of Bloggers" which was about thousands of soldiers over in Iraq who keep blogs about their experience over there. It is the same thing as writing a letter home, only everything is up-to-the-second. I found it really interesting.

Man, this is kind of a let down now that there are no more bowl games on. For a while there, for about two weeks straight, there was a football game every night. Plus the fantasy football season is over. Crap. Brian didn't do his Playoff Challenge this year, which was also a downer. I think he might have been on a cruise, but I'm not sure. If that's the case, he's forgiven. I always look forward to his playoff challenge every year. Now there are just seven football games left this season, and after this weekend there will only be three left. No, I don't count the Pro Bowl.

Not sure what the plan is today, but we are all finally home together. There is a good chance that we will go to WalMart today (oh goody-goody, a chance for another stupid WalMart story!) and buy an iPod. I think it is considered my Christmas present, but I'm not sure. I am going to get one with a lot of memory; the biggest one you can get (as far as I know) is 80 GB, which holds 20,000 songs. Think about that. Something as small as a credit card and weighs just 2 ounces can hold that many songs at CD quality. Boy, that would make Farm Fest a snap, not having to carry around CDs! I could upload the dinner music and pre-show music onto my iPod and we wouldn't have to be limited to just 80 minutes of uninterrupted music. I know that iPod can easily connect to a PA... this is definitely something worth looking into.

Speaking of Farm Fest, I am looking forward to the last Saturday in January. We are getting together with my brothers at Bob's place. I don't think I've seen Dale since the last Farm Fest (August), and I haven't seen Bob since our fantasy football draft in September. We are certainly due for a good visit and a couple drinks. We will set the Farm Fest V date then too -- I have had a couple people ask me already when it will be. I think we should start billing Farm Fest as "the ultimate end-of-the-summer bash." My pal Korey is already working on new "potions" for his Purple Pride Portable Pub. Man, it is only January and we are already getting primed for a party in (most likely) August. Soon I will have to start knocking around on my bass again. I've lost all of the calluses I had back in August.

TTFN

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!