Cold is a-comin'

It is 36 degrees right now and it feels like spring is on its way. It is a dirty trick, though. Tomorrow is supposed be frigid and the next day even colder. We are supposed to get snow tonight, or possibly freezing rain. I'll take the snow.

Well the weekend went by way too quick. We had a great time at Bob and Kathy's. Stayed up way too late on Saturday, but the beer was cold and I don't think Bob, Dale or I really wanted to see any of it go to waste. That would have been a shame. So we did the right thing and stayed up and visited and put the beer to good use. I think we went to bed around 3:30 a.m. But, like Dale said, the world's problems are now solved. We can all breathe a little easier.

The best news is Ava didn't break anything (at least nothing that I am aware of!). She took a liking to Miranda right away, which was pretty cute. Miranda even sent Ava home with a bear, so I think they are pretty good buddies now.

Anyway, the food was excellent -- Kathy made a chicken dish for lunch on Saturday which was delicious, and of course she made her mini-dogs wrapped in bacon which didn't last very long. I love those things! And again, Mel came up with a recipe which we quickly added to our ever-expanding recipe book: dill meatballs. They were awesome.

Most importantly, we settled on a date for Farm Fest 5: Saturday, August 23, 2008. I hope it works for most folks. It was what worked best for us, so hopefully everyone can make arrangements to be there.

To Stacy and Heidi: yes, I remember all the things you mentioned in your comments. I think Heidi was right, making Stacy walk around in the freezing cold to make her clothes dry out was probably my idea. I think I even made you run, thinking they would dry out faster. My motivation came from the Fear of Phyllis. I knew we weren't supposed to be near the creek and I knew it meant the willow switch for me if we got caught. Do you remember us drawing faces on our chins and hanging upside down on the couch and putting on a comedy show for everyone? I have a picture of that somewhere.

Ava is down in her room babbling. She just woke up from her nap. I was able to doze for an hour while she slept. It is back to work tonight, another seven in a row. It is Super Bowl week, so at least I have that to look forward to on Sunday. Korey invited me over to watch the big game, and I think that sounds like a pretty good idea. We both work night shift this weekend, so we'll enjoy our coffee together, rather than beer.

A red squirrel and a gray squirrel are at war in my yard. They are fighting over bird food that Beth had put out on Friday. The gray squirrel is about twice the size of the red squirrel, but ol' Red is kicking butt. Just goes to show, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. Or should I say squirrel?

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!