January 14

My days off have come to an end and now it is back to work tonight. Beth has a strange schedule this week. She works today 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., then works evening shifts Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. She traded with someone who had a class or something, so things are a little different for her this week. Not so for me. It is my usual seven nights in a row. I will try to lay down for a nap when Ava lays down, and hopefully I can squeeze in an extra hour of sleep today before I get back on a night schedule. Right now, Ava is running around “cleaning” with her toy broom while eating a banana. She‘s pretty good at multi-tasking already. The picture you see on the left is Ava in her “cleaning hat” which is what she wears while she “helps” Beth clean. There is never a dull moment around here.

Football Talk
If you aren’t interested in my football ramblings, you can skip this part. I really enjoyed the games on Sunday and I would have lost a lot of money if I had bet on those games because I didn’t think either the Chargers or Giants would win. So the #1 seed in the NFC got beat and the #2 seed in the AFC got beat -- and both visiting teams won. Very unusual. It just goes to show that it doesn’t really matter what happens in the regular season (in real football or fantasy football). The Cowboys beat the Giants twice rather easily in the regular season, and the Colts beat the Chargers in the regular season. So this coming Sunday’s match-ups are, ironically, exactly the same as week 2 of the regular season. Packers vs. Giants and Chargers vs. Patriots. I suspect the outcomes will be the same as well: Packers over the Giants and the Patriots over the Chargers. It makes me nauseated to think those damn Packers will go back to the Super Bowl, but I really do think it will be a repeat of Super Bowl XXXI: Packers vs. Patriots. The Packers won that Super Bowl, but I do not see the Packers beating the Patriots this time. The only way the Patriots will not go 19-0 is if they beat themselves and I don’t see that happening. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I guess they do need to play the games on Sunday, but I will be absolutely shocked if the Giants beat the Packers at Lambeau (the weather forecast is “bitterly cold” on Sunday in Green Bay)… and I would even be more shocked if the Chargers beat the Patriots at Foxboro. But unlike college football, they will decide it on the field, and, like somebody said once, “that’s why the play the game!”

Just like in Green Bay, it sounds like it is going to get very cold here by the weekend. The radio forecast just said it might not get above zero by Saturday. Beth’s parents are going to Arizona tomorrow for a week and it sounds like they might miss the coldest snap of the winter (so far). Perfect timing.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!