R & R

Ah, I finally have a few days off. Lewie's RV called last week and said they have the top ready for my camper, so I have to call them tomorrow morning and set up an appointment to get that repaired. I was hoping to get it done in January and it looks like I will. It will be kind of a pain to get the camper out of the snow; it is bundled, tarped and "hibernating," but that shouldn't take more than hour. At least there will be no delay in our camping plans for this summer, since it will be getting fixed now. We definitely plan on camping more this summer. Ava is older and more independent (maybe I should say TOO independent!), so we are going to head out into the great outdoors more often this year -- at least that is the plan right now.

We grilled burgers out on the deck tonight. It was a mild 28 degrees, so Beth made homemade burgers and I grilled 'em, and man did that ever hit the spot! A taste of summer in January. Let's see, I've talked about camping and grilling so far... do you think I've got a bit of cabin fever?

Well I am going to settle in now and watch the so-called college football championship game. It really isn't, because in my mind neither team earned the right to play in the game. You only earn the right by winning your way there via a playoff format, but a stupid computer chose LSU and Ohio State to play in this game. It should be a good game, but we truly don't know who the best team in the country really is. In my mind, I would give that honor to Georgia right now. I was listening to Mike and Mike on ESPN Radio this morning and they pointed out that NFL teams have played nine games since November 17th, which was the last time Ohio State played a game. And you're going to tell me a playoff format would extend the college season too long?? Sorry, find another argument. This game could be almost as big as the Super Bowl if this was the final, championship game of a playoff format. As it is, it will be interesting, but not really a "gotta watch it" type of game.

By the way, did anyone see Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons sing the national anthem at the Sugar Bowl? That was about the coolest rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner" I've ever heard. Very, very cool. I bet my brother Bob enjoyed it!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!