Wednesday

I got up bright and early this morning and brought the camper to Lewie's RV. The guy that was there apparently supervising or managing was not the same one who helped me in November, so he had no clue what was going on. Knowing that this situation was ripe to be FUBAR, I brought along all the necessary documents from my original visit and it was a good thing I did. This guy wanted to see my warranty card and then wanted $1,000 down before they did any work. I had to explain all over again that this was covered 100% by insurance - it wasn't a warranty issue - and that State Farm sent a check to Lewie's RV on November 13, 2007 for the full amount of the quote, which I held in my hand and presented to Mr. Manager. "Oh," he said, "I'm glad you brought this along. This clears things up." Once again, buyer beware. But it still pisses me off... why is it that I had to clear things up? Who is paying who here? Now I am wondering how many times I'll have to bring my camper back because, in fact, it won't be done right. I can already guess that they will forget to transfer the canopy onto the new roof, but I will be sure to inspect things closely before I leave their lot. If it sounds like I have zero faith in these guys, it is because I do. They have worked on my camper before and things were either not done right or simply not done at all. But, it is either take it there (which is where I bought it), or go north of here or go to Little Falls. Lewie's is just a few miles away, so it is a more convenient location to be inconvenienced.

Okay, enough about that. I know you could care less about it, but it was on my mind and I feel better after getting it out, know what I mean?

Ava and I watched "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" this morning. Of all the Disney animated features, I think this is probably my favorite. Before we watched the movie, I watched the documentary that came with the DVD, which features the "making of" the classic. Wow, I can't believe how much thought went into that movie. Things that you never really noticed were revealed, such as each time Pooh appears you hear a baritone horn, or each time Eyore appears you hear a bass clarinet, or each time Roo appears you hear a piccolo. In other words, each character is represented by an instrument which you hear with your ears, but also associate it in your subconscious. (And this is a children's movie?)

There is another fascinating thing I learned in the documentary: When Gopher appears he says, "The name's Gopher. I'm not in the book. Here's my card," and he presents Rabbit with a business card. I always thought "I'm not in the book" meant he wasn't in the phone book, which it does, but the documentary pointed out that Gopher was not in the original A.A. Milne book, he was a character developed specifically for the movie, so it had a double meaning as an inside joke to Walt Disney and his writers. And while watching the movie, that line is said several times by Gopher: "I'm not in the book," which makes it much more amusing; especially in one exchange between Owl and Pooh. Owl (the windbag that he is) is talking on and on to Gopher and when he turns to look at him, he finds that Gopher is no longer there. Owl says, "Dash it all, he's vanished." And Pooh replies, "After all, he's not in the book." Now I get it! Like I said, this is a children's film? That's great stuff!

I watched the so-called BSC "national championship" game *yawn* the other night. For the second straight year, Ohio State showed that they shouldn't have been in the championship game. But, they set a precedent this year. They showed all BCS teams that it is a great idea to have a bye week during the last week of the season, because you are guaranteed not to lose, and since you can't lose, there is no place to go but UP in the rankings. And if you're really lucky, some poor team (read: Missouri) will have to play an extra week beyond the regular season in a ridiculous conference championship game, which means they could lose and means you could move up even more in the rankings, since you are still idle. That was Ohio State's story.

But having said that, the BCS computer decided that Ohio State was the #1 team in the nation, which earned them the right to play in the national title game. They lost the game. The final BCS standings, posted day after the national championship game, put Ohio State at #5. How in God's name can that possibly be? How can they possibly be anything less than #2? The BCS computer decided they were #1, they got beat by the #2 team... and now they are #5? And Georgia is #2? What does Georgia have to do with it? How can bowl game results even be considered as a part of the national rankings? My goodness, division 1-A college football is just a screwed up mess. As it stands right now, it is the laughing stock of collegiate sports, and rightly so. However, all of these corporate bowl sponsors are laughing all the way to the bank, and that's the problem. Good thing college football is all about passion for the game and not about money, right?!

TTFN (tah-tah for now... as Tigger says. Good grief, do I have a 2 year-old or what?!)

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!