93 years ago...

Ninety-three years ago today a baby was born near Somers, Iowa, in rural Calhoun county. That baby grew up to be a man, and had a family of his own. I am his youngest son. Happy Birthday, Dad! I have decided that Somers, Iowa is on my long list of places to visit before I die. Some of those places include the Grand Canyon, Liverpool (England), Mount Vernon (Virginia), Alaska, Antarctica and the Pyramids of Giza (Egypt). I know I won't get to some of them, but if I had money to burn, I would travel like a madman.

I survived another week of work and the ridiculously cold temperatures. The coldest it got at my place was 23 degrees below zero, which was on early Sunday morning. I think that goes beyong the category of "cold."

We watched a show on the History channel tonight called "Life After People." It was a study speculating what would (will?) happen when the human race finally finishes itself off and Mother Nature is left to fend for herself. The conclusion was that Earth will be just fine without us, thank you. It was a very interesting program. If you get a chance to see it, I would recommend it.

I guess I should take the garbage out, since tomorrow is "garbage day." I will pick up my camper this week too, and I hope everything has been done right. I am almost afraid to find out.

I will write again soon.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!