Super Bowl Prognostication

It is Thursday before Super Bowl Sunday and it is time to make my prognostication. I think this game could go a couple different directions. I think much of it depends on the location of Eli Manning's head. If it is square on his shoulders, the Giants may keep it fairly close. If it is planted up his butt, it will be ugly. Either way, it will be a historical game to watch. We will see one of two scenarios:

(1) We will see the culmination of a perfect season by what many will argue to be the greatest team in NFL history. No team has ever gone 19-0. It is very possibly we may never see such a feat again in our lifetime.

Or (2) We will witness what will have to be called the biggest upset in Super Bowl history. Even bigger than SB III (Jets over Colts).

So how do I see the game playing out? Well, I just can't go against my gut feeling.

Patriots 38, Giants 24

Super Bowl MVP: Randy Moss - 11 catches, 156 yards, 3 TDs.

Moss has been very quiet during the playoffs. Don't let that fool you. The Chargers and Jaguars both have above average secondaries. I don't think the Giants secondary has a chance against him.

I guess I don't care which team wins. If the Patriots win, they will deserve it. Even if you can't stand Bellichick, Brady, Moss, etc., you have to tip your hat to a 19-0 season.

If the Giants win, they will definitely deserve it, having won all their playoff games on the road, including knocking off both the #1 and #2 overall seeds in their conference, and then defeating a seemingy unbeatable team in the Super Bowl.

But I don't think it will happen. Which means it will, because I am usually wrong.

That's the way I see it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!