Hump Day

Tonight is "hump day" for me, night #4 of 7. The last couple of nights have been very unusually quiet, so I am sure tonight all hell will break loose. You never know what you are walking into, so you're always prepared for the worst.

Last night and tonight I have been watching the Barrett-Jackson auto auction on the Speed channel. Dan Minor has a few cars down there and I think last night I just missed his Studebaker being sold. His lot number was next and they went on a commercial break. He is supposed to have another car sold tonight, but I haven't seen it yet. I am flipping back and forth between that and the Gopher/Hoosier basketball game on ESPN. I take just a passing interest in basketball, including University of Minnesota basketball, because I just don't understand the game most of the time. You can see two identical plays, one will be called a foul and the other will be called a clean play. It is almost as if the referee flips a coin at any given time, and I just hate that. But the fact that ESPN is featuring the Gophers in the prime time slot proves that Tubby Smith has got the program going in the right direction.

We have been trying to introduce Ava to some different foods, rather than hot dogs, mac-n-cheese and peaches all the time. Last night, I gave her some wild rice hotdish, which is delicious. It is my sister-in-law Marilyn's recipe, who I crowned "World's Best Cook" many years ago. She always has new and fantastic recipes and many of her dishes have become classics in our family, like the wildrice hotdish, bubble bread, pickle dip, buffalo chicken something-or-other... she just amazes me! Anyway, I gave Ava some wildrice hotdish and she just pushed it away... "No," she said, shaking her head. So I decided to get tricky and chop up a hotdog and mix with the wildrice hotdish, and wouldn't you know it... she surgically removed each piece of hotdog without touching a morsel of the hotdish. I have to give her credit, she is smarter than a dog.

I guess I have nothing important to say, I just enjoy writing a line now and then. Until next time....

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!