A bad country song

As you can see, I've "redecorated" around here once again. I am getting more and more brave experimenting with different things. The picture above is Ava with her new bicycle helmet this summer. She was very proud of it and ran around the house for days on end with a helmet head.

I've also added a couple of widgets which I think are kind of fun. The moon phase tracker is pretty cool, and I also added a little weather widget so you can see what the weather is like here. That should get a bit more interesting this winter when it gets nice and chilly.

This has been a trying week so far. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you might remember last year at this time I discovered a hole in my camper's roof.

It's October once again, so that must mean I have another hole in my roof, right?

Right. Except this time it is in my house.

Yesterday, I noticed a dried water stain around one of the light fixtures in the entry way. I tore the fixture apart and noticed it had obviously been wet at one time, but was currently dry (interestingly, it was raining cats and dogs yesterday, but there was no active leak).

Then I went out to the garage and looked up into the rafters (at least, as best a fat boy could), and I didn't see anything leaking. So, the mystery continues.

We weren't quite sure what to do with this stupid roof, so we asked around and got some good advice from Beth's parents and my brothers; Beth made a couple calls today, so we will continue the investigation. But that's not all...

Then this afternoon when I woke up (I worked last night), Beth informed me that the Pilot wouldn't start. You've got to be kidding me, is all I could think.

So I went out to the garage, put the key in, and all the dashboard lights turned on, plus the interior lights worked (not the battery, I thought to myself). I turned the ignition. click. Nothing. Crap. This wasn't good.

I tried a couple more times, because... because... well, just because. click. click. click.

So I called my mechanic and he said to bring it in right away in the morning and he could tell me right away if it was something small or something big. Luckily, I have towing insurance, so I wasn't too shook about towing the car, just unhappy that this had to happen right here, right now.

However, after thinking about it, something told me to try jump-starting the vehicle, because I have had problems for the last couple years with the battery going dead for one reason or another.

(Yes, I know, time for a new battery, Sam).

Even though I was sure it wasn't the battery, I had nothing to lose. So I hooked up the jumper cables and sure enough, the Pilot turned right over and the engine came to life.

No kidding? No kidding.

(Yes, I know, time for a new battery, Sam).

But the check engine light is now on, and after talking to my mechanic again, he said to bring it in anyway. At the very least, it's time for a new battery.

(Yes, I know).

So can anything else go wrong this week? My dog is sick, my roof is leaking and my car don't work.

My God, my life has turned into a bad country song.

But life goes on. This too shall pass. And then some other shit will happen.

On a much happier note: Happy 15th Anniversary to Jon and Charlotte Stokes! I wish you all the best and maybe someday we can live closer together so we can see each other more often (he said sarcastically).

That's all for now.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!