New Kitchen

Plenty happening around here this week. Our kitchen has undergone a total facelift over the past 48 hours. On the 30th, I dismantled the old countertops, which really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It took me a couple hours (which included entertaining a two-year old who was insisting on wearing her swim suit and running around the living room with her hippopotamus floaty device), but I managed to get everything out with a minimum of four-letter words.

On the morning of Oct. 1st, Roberts Custom Wood Design showed up promptly at 8 o'clock and had the new countertops installed by 2:30 p.m. What a difference! I didn't think I'd be this excited about it, but boy does it ever look great!

Today a little troll-looking man came out to install our new sink and garbage disposal. He may have looked strange, but he did good work and things are working just fine. Hopefully by the end of the week Scott can come out to give the disposal juice and we can declare this upgrade to our house complete.

I think Beth is thrilled with the "new" kitchen. We took a long time deciding what type and color of laminate to install, and we didn't go on the cheap side, but it was all worth it now that we see the result (thanks to Uncle Sam, because this is where our 2007 government rebate check went to -- yes, we've saved it for a while).

And that brings us to today. I didn't do much of anything (except for watching Ava, which I suppose should count for something). I have more mundane chores to accomplish this weekend, like winterizing the camper and taking down the gazebo canopy. Otherwise, the excitement is over for now.

I think a roaring campfire is in order tomorrow night. The air is crisp and a warm fire with a cold beer would hit the spot.

There is lots happening in the political world, guess I'll hunt for a good story and comment on it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!