October 21

I would really like to thank everyone for their kind messages and e-mails about Martha. I hesitated to even say anything about her on my blog, because I didn't want people to think we were being "weird" about our dog.

But as it turns out, many of you share the same feelings toward your pets. I was told by a couple people that once we had a child, our dogs wouldn't matter much anymore, but I have not found that to be the case. Actually, the older I get, the more sentimental I get about life's twists and turns. Maybe I'm not the only one who feels that way?

A quick update on Martha: she has been doing okay since we started her on her meds and supplements. Her stomach has been fine and that was my main concern, because she's always been prone to a sensitive GI tract (our vet diagnosed her with Crohn's disease when she was just a puppy, after she started crapping slimey blood one day!). Dr. Eberts said she should tolerate her meds just fine, and as usual, he is right. So, we are just taking this one day at a time. She is just as bright and playful as ever. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Okay, onto something different...

I was watching a documentary on the presidential candidates the other night and a bombshell was dropped. I found out that Barack Obama, in addition to being a terrorist and a Muslim, is also a Chicago Bears fan.

Folks, this is serious. Now I can deal with his terrorist connections. I can overlook his faith in Islam. But I absolutely cannot accept his manlove for the Chicago Bears.

Indeed, the scales have been tipped, and John McCain is my man.

Actually, it sounds like the election may be closer than some people think (if depends, of course, on what t.v. channel you watch and which web site you go to. It is amazing how difficult it is to find fair and unbiased coverage).

According to some sources, the country should just bypass the election and give Obama a free pass to Washington in January.

But other sources say McCain is closing the gap quickly and could surprise everyone in two weeks.

Could we be witness to another "Dewey defeats Truman" jaw-dropper? Stay awake and find out!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tragic Life of Jeanine Deckers

The Bad Guys

"New" old pictures!